Monday, January 27, 2014

Architecture Hunting





{top - forever 21, skirt - thrifted & altered (originally eddie bauer), shoes - urban outfitters, key chain - american apparel}


The rest of the country would probably be stunned if they saw what Southern Californians were wearing in the middle of January. Though I love being bundled up in warm coats and tweed jackets, it's definitely a perk that I do not need to shovel snow and and de-ice everything continuously during the winter season. 

These photos were from yesterday when I was exploring around my town for interesting architecture to capture. I have been smitten with skirts lately, mostly ones that hug me just right and fall straight down. Last fall Madewell came out with mini skirts with a felt like material and I fell in love. I've always been hesitant about wearing minis because their image has never been favorable, however the one I saw hanging in the store caught my eye. It was a deep forest green and very humbling, so unusual for a piece of garment that gets a bad reputation from time to time in magazines. I haven't taken a picture of me wearing it just yet but I can't wait to capture its subtle beauty. 


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the symmetry of the background! It's a really gorgeous neighborhood. I would love to visit SoCal right now and get away from the continuous snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The symmetry is what caught my attention to this place. I would love snow but if I got it the way the rest of the country did I would probably get sick of it too.

      Delete