Friday, February 28, 2014

I Hear Lions


The winds have been roaring since morning, making me a bit timid to step outside to run my errands. It's funny how suddenly Southern Californians become feeble when the temperature is anything but sunny. I usually detest rain but today I am somehow able to embrace it; scurrying around the house like mice doing chores I've left scattered throughout the week with the rain as background music motivating me subtly.


Taking a little break now with milk and chocolate chip pumpkin bread I made yesterday. They were suppose to be muffins but I couldn't find any cupcake liners so I opted to make a square loaf instead and they were equally scrumptious. I also found this mug hiding away in the back of the cabinet. From time to time I discover new kitchenware from the eighties or nineties from when my siblings were little. I absolutely adore the designs I uncover sometimes and I'm glad my parents didn't toss it during the remodeling. It's funny how to them the design is banal and outdated but I see it as charming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment